Gum disease is a serious oral health concern that needs to be treated right away and reversed. Our experienced, dentist, Dr. Shelly Montes with Montes Periodontics & Implant Dentistry in Cumming, Georgia, cares for your oral health, and is happy to explain the importance of treating and reversing your gum disease.
Here is a list of treatments for conquering gum disease:
– Dentist: A failure to visit your dentist routinely can increase your risk of gum disease.
– Brushing and Flossing: Brushing and flossing each day can drastically lower your risk for gum disease.
– Lifestyle Changes: If you smoke, you will be at an increased risk for gum disease.
– Medications: Be aware that medications that cause dry mouth are known risk factors for gum disease.
– Cleaning: If you are routinely suffering from gum disease, it often means that you are not cleaning your mouth out as effectively as you should be. Try using mouthwash or gum after meals.
– Diet: Unhealthy substances in your diet are known risk factors for gum disease.
– Saliva: Poor saliva production can lead to an increased risk of gum disease.
In conclusion, there are treatments for gum disease that can help you and your smile get back in tip-top shape. If you have questions, please call us at 770-781-3685 to set up an appointment. Our dental team is happy to address any questions or concerns you may have about your oral care.