Did you know that oral cancer screenings find new cases in over 40,000 Americans every year? Due to the fact that the five-year survival rate is under 65%, it is important to make sure that you visit your dentist for routine oral cancer screenings. In addition, daily examinations should be used to determine if you’re noticing anything abnormal or irregular in your smile. Here are a few symptoms to look for:
– Have you noticed any pus or sores that last on your face, neck, or mouth for longer than 2 weeks?
– Are you frequently suffering from unexplained bleeding in your mouth?
– Rough patches including velvety white areas as well as red or speckled areas in your mouth often are present with oral cancer.
– If you have symptoms of ear pain, difficulty chewing, swallowing, or eating, or rotation of your teeth, or dramatic weight loss, oral cancer may be to blame.
– Are you ever having a feeling that something is caught in the back of your throat or consistently suffer from a chronic sore throat?
– If you have any inflammation of your lips, gums, or other areas inside your mouth, it could be associated with oral cancer.
If you are ready to take the next step to achieve optimum oral health with oral cancer screenings, schedule an appointment with Montes Periodontics & Implant Dentistry at our periodontal office in Cumming, Georgia by calling 770-781-3685. Dr. Shelly Montes and the rest of our team look forward to seeing you.