Are you looking to improve your oral health? If so, we have suggestions for you! Your oral health needs daily brushing and flossing to help keep your oral health on the healthy track. Flossing is an essential tool to help you clean between your teeth and improve your oral health. Too often people neglect flossing which leads to cavities and gum disease. To help you improve your oral health, your dentist, Dr. Shelly Montes with Montes Periodontics & Implant Dentistry in Cumming, Georgia, is happy to give you these tips and information on dental floss:
– 2-minute flossing refers to the amount of time you should spend each day flossing. With only two minutes a day, you can drastically improve your oral health by keeping objects and debris out of the areas between your teeth.
– For additional help with techniques, tools or advice for cleaning between teeth, schedule an appointment with your dentist.
– If you opt to use a water flosser for your interdental needs, look for products that feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Dental floss can cause recontamination to occur if the thread you are using is not clean. Never use the same thread more than once.
– Shred resistant floss is more effective than multifilament thread as it can effectively last through an entire of flossing session without the risk of tearing.
If you have questions on how to improve your oral health, please call us today at 770-781-3685. Our dental team will be happy to set up a consultation for you to ask your questions and get a dental cleaning. So, call us today and take the first step to improve your oral health.